The ASEAN Education group is the Anglia MASTER franchisee for Indonesia and The Philippines. We have been actively visiting Indonesia since 2018. The Anglia partnership agreement was signed in 2019. In Indonesia we have set-up the Asean Education Group (AEG) representative office for the ASEAN region.
The local Indonesian team, based in Jakarta, is coordinating several projects in Indonesia and the ASEAN region. We are currently setting up the local franchise distribution network in the following communities:
We are working closely together with the PGRI, the biggest Indonesian teachers association. Several Indonesian high-schools have already taken Anglia paper and on-line exams but it is still early days. In 2020 the COVID pandemic has been a major set-back for our development in Indonesia.
Since the beginning of 2021, the Asean Education Group has Launched in Indonesia the Anglia 2021 demonstration project on the Anglia-on-line platform. This platform offers a wide range of online courses for various purposes and Anglia examinations for all Indonesians. We are aiming for 1000 students and 200 teachers to join this project.
It is time for Indonesia to adjust their English learning systems and develop new strategies to help all levels of schools and learners to achieve a better standard of English. With the presence of the Anglia on-line platform and examinations, our Anglia communities and events, Indonesian learners will be able to participate in a calibrated English learning program. Initially the focus will be on A1-A2 and B2 learners.
Our AEG moto is: “Eager to learn, to speak English, with a smile”.
With Anglia, We believe in empowering more learners in Indonesia to dream in English.
10 Interesting Facts About Indonesia
- Indonesia has the second longest coastline in the world (over 54,000 km).
- Borobudur temple in Central Java is the largest Buddhist temple in the world, decorated with more than 2,600 relief panels and 504 Buddha statues.
- The country covers three time zones.
- Indonesia exports 3,000 tons of frog's legs to France each year.
- Indonesia is home to Komodo Dragons. It is the largest lizard in the world, growing up to 3 meters (9.8 feet) in length.
- Indonesia is home to 147 volcanoes, 76 of which are active volcanoes.
- The Grasberg mine, located near Puncak Jaya, is the largest gold mine and the third largest copper mine in the world.
- Lake Toba is the largest volcanic lake in the world. The lake’s super volcanic eruption that occurred 70,000 years ago was the largest known explosive eruption on Earth.
- The word “ketchup” in English comes from the Indonesian word "kecap", which is a sweet soy sauce.
- With over 17,000 islands, Indonesia is known for its many beautiful islands, diving, and snorkelling.
Anglia Indonesia Contact Information
Contact Anglia Indonesia: Contact Form
Jln. Tanah Abang III, nr 24
Gambir, Kota Jakarta Pusat
DKI Jkarta 10160