Anglia started operating in Spain back in 2007 in the Autonomous Community of Andalusia, where the country’s central exams office is still located. Anglia also has a large number of other hubs spread around the peninsula and the islands.
Anglia is recognised in Spain by the most important education-related organisations as well as government bodies. We are part of the ACLES’s (Association of Language Centres within Higher Education Institutions) and CRUE’s (Conference of Principals of Spanish Universities) list pf recognising institutions, and we are also recognised by the National Government as well as Autonomous Communities.
We run paper-based exam sessions every month, offering students the opportunity to sit an international exam all year round. For smaller exam sessions, teachers and heads of school/ centre complete an invigilator training course so they can administer and monitor the reading, writing and listening tests at their own place. The speaking test is conducted virtually; students meet the speaking assessor online for their interview. For larger exam sessions, there are Anglia official speaking assessors and examiners based in Spain who visit the exam centre to carry out all parts of the exam.
We also offer computer-based exam sessions every month. This means our whole suite of exams can be done 100% online from the comfort of the candidates’ homes.
A fast track result option is available for students who need to have their exam result within 72/ 96 hours after they have taken the test.
Every year, we organise an Anglia exams conference for teachers of English. This event gathers Anglia members as well as non-Anglia members, which creates a nice and heterogeneous atmosphere – an excellent opportunity to meet local, national and international colleagues.
Anglia Spain have a very active role contacting potential new exam centres across the country as well as seeking to achieve even further university and government recognition of our qualifications.
We also make great use of all major social media as we truly believe it is the greatest source of communication nowadays.
Study trips to Chichester College Group, where Anglia headquarters are located, are organised by the local team. Many Spanish students and teachers have joined our programmes and completed either a course of English as a Foreign Language or a Teacher Training Course in the UK with us.
10 Interesting Facts About Spain
- Among the many things that Spain is famous for are its Flamenco music and dance.
- Over 1,400 years ago, the quill pen first originated in the Kingdom of Spain.
- The national anthem of Spain does not have words.
- Spain shares its western border with Portugal.
- Spain has five major soil types.
- The Ebro River is the longest among the rivers in Spain.
- Spain’s landmarks have a total of 48 UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Spain is home to the oldest still-operating lighthouse in the world.
- Spain has the Running of the Bulls festival annually. Held in July, this festival takes place on St. Fermina’s Day.
- Spain reigns as the largest olive oil producer in the world.
Anglia Spain Contact Information
Contact Anglia Spain: Contact Form
Av. del Mediterráneo 279,
04009 - Almería