Up until a few years ago, students in Paraguay used to favour American English Exams over British English Exams. Once they turned their focus to International English or English as a tool for international communication, Anglia Examinations started to thrive in the region.
We offer Paper-Based Exam Sessions once a year and Computer-Based Exam Sessions every month – the latter means that our exams can be done 100% online either from an Official Examination Centre or from the comfort of the candidates’ Homes. We also organise Study Trips to Chichester College, where Anglia Headquarters are located, twice a year for teachers and students.
We have a very active role in the country and contact potential new Exam Centres on a very regular basis.
10 Interesting Facts About Paraguay:
- As Paraguay is situated in the centre of the South American continent its nickname is “Corazón de América” meaning the Heart of America.
- Paraguay’s national beverage is mate. Mate (pronounced “mahtay”) is often served hot. When it is served chilled, it is called tereré.
- Asunción is the capital and largest city of Paraguay.
- Cerro Peró or Cerro Tres Kandú is a peak and the highest point of Paraguay, with an elevation of 842 meters (2,762 feet).
- One of Paraguay's largest exports is soy beans.
- The flag of Paraguay is the only flag in the world to have different emblems on the front and back. The front of the Paraguay flag has the country’s state coat of arms on it, and the back has the country’s Treasury Seal.
- In the swamps of Paraguay, they have giant waterlily pads floating on them. They can grow up to 16 inches in diameter and are so strong, you an walk across them.
- In the forests of Paraguay, more than 500 species of hardwoods can be found, these have been used for furniture.
- Paraguay is famous for its tablecloths. They can take up to 18 months to make.
- The first railway line in Paraguay was constructed between 1858 and 1861 by British engineers.
Anglia Paraguay Contact Information
Contact Anglia Paraguay: Contact Form