Anglia Ecuador is growing rapidly, having established Official Examination Centres not only in the capital City of Quito, but also in several other regions of the country. The main reason why candidates choose Anglia is that Anglia Examinations are recognised by the national Ministry of Education.
Each year, we offer our various centres and members throughout the country two main paper-based exam sessions at the end of the school year in the two different regions (February and June), and online exam sessions every month, throughout the country. The paper-based exams take place at official Anglia Examinations centres, whereas the newly launched online exams can be taken either from exam centres or from the comfort of the candidates’ homes.
Many students and teachers from Ecuador are interested in joining our programme to study at Chichester College, where Anglia headquarters are located.
Through meetings with school heads and coordinators we are constantly seeking out new Anglia members to spread the network in the country.
10 Interesting Facts About Ecuador
- "Ecuador" literally means "The Republic of the Equator", making it the only country in the world to be named after a geographical feature.
- Panama hats actually originate from Ecuador.
- Ecuador's national tree is the cinchona tree- used to produce quinine which was the first drug used for the treatment of malaria.
- Ecuador grant political asylum to Wikileaks founder Julian Assange within their embassy in London while he faced extradition to the USA.
- Ecuador was the first country to officially recognise the rights of nature giving it the constitutional “right to exist, persist, maintain and regenerate its vital cycles.”
- Ecuador is the closest country to space! Owing to the bulge of the Earth, the summit of Ecuador's Mount Chimborazo is the closest point on Earth to the sun.
- Ecuador has the highest rate of biodiversity per square kilometre of any country.
- Ecuador’s capital city Quito, is the highest official capital city standing at an altitude of 2,850m above sea level.
- 29% of the world's bananas are grown in Ecuador, making it the largest exporter of this popular fruit globally.
- Paddington bear is based on the Andean Bear which comes from Ecuador.
Anglia Ecuador Contact Information
Contact Anglia Brazil: Contact Form