Anglia Armenia is apart of Chelsea Education Consultancy (CEC) is the Anglia franchisee for CIS Countries. If you would like to learn more about CEC or any other CIS countries click here.
10 Interesting Facts About Armenia
- The first church in the world was built in Armenia. Echmiadzin Cathedral was the first official church, built in the IV century.
- Chess is taught in schools as a mandatory subject.
- Armenian cuisine is not complete without the delicious flat bread locally known as lavash. The bread is such a significant part of Armenian culture that it was listed on UNESCO's cultural heritage list in 2014.
- More than 345 bird species reside in the country.
- The country has a restriction on playing guitars, pianos, drums, or any other musical instruments at night. Anyone caught in the act is charged in a court of law.
- Armenia is said to produce some of the best and oldest wines. Soviet Ruler Joseph Stalin bought cases of Armenian wine and presented them to Winston Churchill as a gift during World War II.
- Yerevan, Armenia’s capital city, is fondly referred to as the "pink city" due to various shades of pink in many buildings. These buildings were constructed using naturally pink volcanic rocks.
- The world’s longest, double track non-stop cable car is found in Armenia. It runs a record 5,752 meters.
- Lake Sevan is the largest lake in Armenia and covers 16% of the country’s surface.
- Armenians use the eternity sign as a national symbol.
Anglia Armenia Contact Information
Contact Anglia Armenia: Online Contact Form